In just two short days we’re going to be celebrating the arrival of the year two thousand and sixteen. To this we say: how the actual eff?
It’s been a year of ups and downs, highs and lows, laughs and cries – but what a year it’s been. In the spirit of the New Year, we wanted to take this opportunity to share our resolutions with you. We’ve never actually been big fans of the concept, but when these are set from a positive place, well – they have the potential to set us on the right path.
Our resolutions aren’t about highlighting our flaws or setting impossible goals – our inseam will just never be forty inches, and that’s that . . . they’re about being conscious and working towards the best version of our self and our every day.
- To not lose sight of everything I have to be grateful for, especially during those times where I find myself frustrated; like putting on jeans fresh out of the dryer.
- To be healthy and to nourish my body, specifically packing more snacks.
- To be less hard on myself, because gosh damnit, I’m trying.
- To remember where I started when I’m forgetful of how far I’ve come.
- To speak kindly to myself; you can’t get to the top if you keep kicking yourself down.
- To revel in the everyday; work, stress, family, blog and work outs can sometimes get routine – boy I’m lucky to be a part of that routine.
We wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all the best of everything in the New Year. We thank you for following along and hope you’ll stick around for the ride as she and her are oh-so-excited for everything that 2016 has already started to offer. . . stay tuned!
I mean you could say you’re going to give up NetFlix, but. . . really?