When we first started talking about the idea of celebrating the six month mark, Libertee shared that she loved the thought of an anniversary post. Lecina was quick to point out that it wasn’t an anniversary post as the word “anniversary” is actually two latin words “annus” and “versus” combined, translating to “returning yearly.” To which Libertee responded “man, you’re a snob.”
Call it what you want, we’ve spent the last 24 Wednesday’s opening up our closet, medicine cabinet and make-up bags to the world and what a six months it’s been. We couldn’t be more grateful for all of the positive feedback, taking our tips to heart (and Sephora) and showing us that you really do follow along. We’re over the moon elated to have been a part of something that made you smile.
Way back when we shared with you our mission:
This blog, this social media mongrel, is representative of our love for fashion, hair, makeup, style and most of all – each other. In a very microcosm sort of way, our relationship and interpretation of all things “style” is representative of all women – we’re the same but different, and every now and again, it’s nice to have the advice, support and perspective of someone like your sister. . . because sometimes hearing “that looks amazing” or “you’re an idiot” is just what you need.
Today, our mission still rings true but we wanted to share some of the deeper lessons we hope to have illustrated to you and most importantly that our experience over the last six months have further entrenched in us.
She and her: a Coles notes:
- Make-up is a compliment to who you are, not a tool to hide it.
- Nobody is perfect but everyone is beautiful. . . but nobody wakes up that way.
- Wear the clothes that flatter your body and own the strut that a good outfit and a solid hair day put in your step (to the tune of “Joan Jett: Do You Wanna Touch”, preferably)
- Try. Be your best version of yourself . . . hall passes exist on Mondays or post Vegas.
- Confidence doesn’t come in sweatpants and comfort isn’t exclusive to LuLu Lemons.
- Shock the world and be nice to yourself.
- A red lip is a powerful thing . . . use it wisely.
- Change is exciting; be mindful of its implications then full steam ahead!
- You get one body; treat it right and don’t verbally abuse is. Would you let your boyfriend say that to you?
- Find a friend that will give you honest outfit feedback; it’s basically why picture messaging was created and a large part of the reason Lecina has no storage left on her phone.
- When someone gives you a compliment, say “thank-you”. . . or even better: “go on.”
To everyone that’s participated in the blog: We thank you! Your beauty, expertise and willingness to try something new in the interest of “she-and-her-science” is whole-heartedly appreciated. We literally couldn’t have done it without you and hope you had as much fun as we did!
A note from She to Her:
Your strength is just as impressive as your stubbornness. I love that about you. . . most of the time.
A note from Her to She:
Your talent knows no limits and your humility, in additional to being foreign to me, is uncalled for. If you could stop eating carrots when we FaceTime that would be great.