If you’re anything like us, the best part about Christmas morning was probably the stockings; each year, the oldest, most nostalgic-laden, constructed-of-felt stocking was chock-o-block full of what seemed to be an endless stream of simple, hit-the-nail-on-the-head surprises like Archie Comics, Swedish Berries, various flavours of Lip-Smackers housed in a candy-cane shaped container, seasonally appropriate Hershey’s Kisses, and of course - a Christmas Orange.
But then you grow up, and the term stocking refers to more than just a sea of holiday memories, it also refers to tights. Right. That would make more sense for a fashion and beauty blog. Glad we got that cleared up.
Today’s post is dedicated to one of the most functional articles of clothing in a woman’s winter wardrobe - tights. If you have any sort of aversion, let us be the first to tell you that tights have come a long way since your grade two Christmas Pageant.
Why we love tights!
- They’re a stylish way to stay warm
- They have the capacity to ever so slightly synch things in
- They’re a great place to tuck in a shirt to smooth the look of your midsection
- They allow us to rock an ever-so-slightly hiked, hemline
- They let your summer wardrobe live on (shorts, skirts, dresses, just add tights!)
- They’re available in a variety of patterns, colours and opacities to give your outfit that extra bit of oomph.
- They allow you to wear skirts without having to shave your legs
Some basic tight-related-rules:
If you’re hiking the hemline, be sure to go for a heavier tight - the less see-through the better.
If you’re rocking a pattern in your outfit, be sure to calm down the tights with a solid instead of a patterned tight
if you’ve gone with a solidly-coloured outfit, jazz up the look with a fun, patterned tight.
Be sure you check the measurements on the tights for your height - there’s nothing worse than saggy tights that shorten the length of your stride.
Take a look at some of the adorable, tight-tastic looks she’s rocking this winter!
A Pop of Pretty Pattern
Hiked Up Hemline with a hint of color
Perfectly Opaque at a Christmas Party
Tightest. Post. Ever.